My first internship in college consisted of working for a fashion/beauty writer (I wonder where I get my inspiration from). One of the first things she gifted me with was a spray bottle of Clinique Sunscreen. Even though I was only 18, I started learning the importance of skincare and anti-aging; its something that remains heavy on my conscious, which is why I’m excited to bring you this product review.
Murad sent me two of their new MuraSol Sunscreen products to review just before they hit the shelves at Sephora and Ulta. Now that they are available for the public to purchase I’m ready to share my thoughts- it would be too cruel to brag about the wonders of a product and have it be unavailable to you!
Let me begin with the Water Resistant Sunscreen for body:
– First and foremost, its water resistant. Whether I’m running along the lake or hitting the pool you can bet your best panties I’m sweating up a storm so I need something that lasts. Unlike other products- this clearly states that it lasts for 80 minutes so you know just when to reapply.
– The scent is light and the sunscreen goes on without leaving a greasy layer. Its great laying out and not feeling like a piece of bacon getting fried up.
– Murad scientists developed this product to be on the cutting edge of production against the free radicals that age us and while I love a good glow, avoiding the bad stuff that makes me look old is of utmost importance.
Now, for the Oil Free version for the face/chest/ears:
– The product is described as featherweight and I can attest to that. It wears comfortably under makeup or alone.
– The matte finish is wonderful and wears without giving a high shine or greasy look.
– Since it is oil free there is no need to worry about break outs or messing with the balance of your face.
– It doesn’t smell like typical sunscreen so wearing it everyday to the office, running errands, etc wont make you smell like a beach!
– The sunscreen is packed with antioxidants to help fight the free radicals we encounter everyday.
– The package is tiny enough to carry with you everywhere you go 1.7 fl. oz. it is even carry on friendly!
If you are looking for regular up to the minute skincare tips I recommend checking out the Murad Facebook page– This isn’t a plug! Whoever runs the page does a great job of reminding readers that good skin starts from the inside. They share tips on healthy eating, hydration, exercise, and of course- their amazing products.
Bottom line: BUY IT. Good skincare is always worth the price- you only get one face and its not worth messing it up. Correcting it with fillers, peels, or lifts will be way more costly than PREVENTION!